Good nutrition is one answer to de-stress. Give this anti-stress diet a try! Its a mood elevator and rebuilds your nervous system health with calming minerals and grounding B vitamins.
1. As stress increases, protein needs increase. Proteins from seafood, tempeh, eggs and sprouts offer notable results. Have a fresh carrot juice once a week.
2. Include magnesium-rich foods from green vegetables and whole grains to calm nerves. Add more potassium-rich foods like potatoes, bananas, seafood and avocados to your diet. Potassium helps reduce stress-related high blood pressure, and regulates blood sugar.
3. Eat B vitamin-rich foods like brown rice. Avoid trans fats from fried foods, red meats and highly processed foods, for better adrenal health.
4. Drink green tea each morning instead of coffee for energy and antioxidants.
5. Feed your adrenals with green superfoods and sea veggies.
Try to enjoy the holidays. Remember to unwind, delegate at least some responsibility, and take time for rest and relaxation each day. The holiday season is a time of both giving and receiving. Allow yourself the gift of health!
Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and love-filled holiday!